Tender Management Consultancy © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved. Website Produced by The Loft Design & Print Ltd.
In 2010, we established a separate company ‘Tender Management Community Services’ (TMCS), to respond to the increasing demand for Social Enterprises and other 3rd Sector organisations to engage in the competitive tendering process.
TMCS is a Community Interest Company. This means that the company does not set out to generate large profits, but we will reinvest any profits that we do generate, back into the voluntary sector. As a Social Enterprise, the sole purpose of TMCS is to provide high quality and affordable support, tailored to meet the particular needs of the Voluntary / Social Enterprise sector.
Public Sector spending limitations have led to a great reduction in the volume of grant funding available. At the same time, many public services that were previously grant funded are now being put out to competitive tender. To respond to this changing external environment, Charities, Social Enterprises and other not-for-profit organisations are being encouraged increasingly to sell their services commercially, especially to the public sector, rather than relying on the dwindling grant pot for their sustainability.
The process of submitting tenders is very different from submitting grant applications and many organisations are not equipped to tender effectively. TMCS helps these organisations to make the fundamental shift from grant dependency towards financial independence. We achieve this through showing them how to win competitively tendered contracts for their services and through training them and supporting them through the process.
In our first 2 years we have delivered group training sessions to over 600 organisations and provided individual support to almost 60. The level and nature of support provided is individually tailored to take account of the capacity, capability and experience of each organisation.
We have supported organisations to submit grant applications or tenders with a total value of almost £26 million, achieving an 85% success rate and securing 92% of all the funds bid for.
TMCS provides all the services that are available to commercial companies through the main company, but at greatly reduced rates and tailored to meet Sector needs.
Services provided by TMCS include:-
- Group seminars, workshops and training courses
- Free tender-readiness diagnostics
- Individually tailored one-to-one training programmes
- Sourcing suitable grant and tendering opportunities
- Preparing tender toolkits
- Mentoring and support in submitting Grant applications, Pre Qualifying
Questionnaires and Tenders
- Reviewing draft Grant applications, PQQs and Tenders prior to submission
- Full Grant, PQQ and Tender preparation and submission service.
- Collaborations including partnership and consortium bids
- Debrief session with clients following all Grant, PQQ and Tender results, win or lose, to analyse feedback and learn lessons